Dmitry Orlov's long awaited, The Five Stages of Collapse: Survivors' Toolkit is now off press. Note the position of …
– 320 pages
7.5 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 612 Grams
BISAC: GARDENING / Regional / Pacific Northwest
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2011-04-01
The Complete Guide to Year-Round Organic Gardening in the Pacific Northwest
Are you itching to start your own garden or grow more in the one you have, but feel that gardening is too challenging or time-consuming for your busy schedule? Would you like to enjoy fresh, home-grown produce every month of the year?
Backyard Bounty is like having your own Master Gardener to consult every step of the way. This encyclopedic reference demystifies gardening, bringing it back to the down-to-earth, environmentally practical activity that anyone can enjoy. Learn about:
- Planning your garden and preparing the soil
- Organic fertilizers and simplified composting
- Sowing, growing healthy seedlings, transplanting, watering, easy weeding, and mulching
- Planting for winter harvests, intensive planting schedules
- Growing fruit, simple pruning methods
- Greenhouses, tunnels and containers
- Organic pest management, and more.
Packed with a wealth of information specific to the Pacific Northwest, this complete guide emphasizes low-maintenance methods, exposes common gardening myths, includes a monthly garden schedule for year-round planting andharvesting and features plant profiles for everything from apples to zucchini. Perfect for novice and experienced gardeners alike, Backyard Bounty shows how even the smallest garden can produce a surprising amount of food twelve months of the year.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that:
- You will NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- You will only make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- You will NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.