Great news! We are delighted to announce that Chris and Judith Plant, co-owners of New Society Publishers have won the …
– 224 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 390 Grams
BISAC: SPORTS & RECREATION / Boating
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2008-02-01
50 Steps Boaters Can Take to Save Our Waters
Recreational boating is a pastime enjoyed by millions. Yet the waters and marine environment that boaters so love are in serious jeopardy from pollution, from resource mismanagement, and from misunderstanding. Boaters can help to change that. Although a relatively small part of the problem of marine environmental degradation, recreational boaters can be a huge part of the solution, writes Clyde W. Ford, an avid boater of over 20 years, whose encounters with polluted waters galvanized him to explore workable solutions.
Boat Green provides a host of environmentally sound boating practices, based on scientific research and practical boating experience.
In this book, boaters will learn ways to:
- Reduce vessel operation and maintenance costs
- Improve vessels performance
- Increase safety and health of vessel operators and crew
- Increase awareness of marine issues and
- Enhance enjoyment of the marine environment
And all of these steps will help to lessen the impact of recreational boating on the marine environment. These are practical solutions that have been field-tested and refined on actual vessels cruising the Pacific Northwest waters.
Boat Green is an essential guide for recreational boaters, and for all those concerned about protecting the marine environment.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that:
- You will NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- You will only make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- You will NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.