Dmitry Orlov's long awaited, The Five Stages of Collapse: Survivors' Toolkit is now off press. Note the position of …
– 288 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 635 Grams
BISAC: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / General
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2002-04-01
Dancing with the Tiger
Learning Sustainability Step by Natural Step
Making social and ecological change happen is not easy. At both the planetary and organizational levels, it is a dance that is fraught with danger for both the change agents themselves and their organizations. It is like dancing with a tiger.
For corporations, communities and other organizations, the choreography of the dance toward sustainability has been systematized by The Natural Step: a framework that provides the science, analysis, methodologies and tools to use in the quest for sustainability. Dancing with the Tiger presents the stories of individuals, teams and organizations learning about change and sustainability, and then acting on that learning. Case studies include some of the most successful companies and communities in North America:
- Nike: its struggles, victories and setbacks on the road to sustainability
- Starbucks: the tension of modeling corporate responsibility with alarming growth
- CH2MHill: its gradual evolution from environmental to sustainability engineering
- Whistler: grappling with the paradox of sustainability in a high profile resort town
- as well as Home Depot, Norm Thomson Outfitters, the municipalities of Seattle and Santa Monica, and others.
Following on the success of The Natural Step for Business, this book takes a deeper look at the real business impacts of sustainability. It will be of special interest to business people, government officials, and students of business, organizational development and the environment.
You might also enjoy
The New Sustainability Advantage shows how the benefits of the "triple bottom line" can increase a typical company's profit by at least 51 to 81% …view title info
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that:
- You will NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- You will only make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- You will NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.