The Prince Rupert Environmental Society along with Saveourskeenasalmon.org have brought together over 100 volunteers to …
– 288 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 465 Grams
BISAC: SOCIAL SCIENCE / Sociology / General
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2008-09-01
Depletion & Abundance
Life on the New Home Front
by Sharon Astyk
Climate change, peak oil and economic instability aren't just future social problems -- they jeopardize our homes and families right now. Our once-abundant food supply is being threatened by toxic chemical agriculture, rising food prices and crop shortages brought on by climate change. Funding for education and health care is strained to the limit, and safe and affordable housing is disappearing.
Depletion and Abundance explains how we are living beyond our means with or without a peak oil/climate change crisis and that, either way, we must learn to place our families and local communities at the center of our thinking once again. The author presents strategies to create stronger homes, better health and a richer family life and to
- live comfortably with an uncertain energy supply
- prepare children for a hotter, lower energy, less secure world
- survive and thrive in an economy in crisis, and
- maintain a kitchen garden to supply basic food needs.
Most importantly, readers will discover that depletion can lead to abundance, and the anxiety of these uncertain times can be turned into a gift of hope and action.
An unusual family perspective on the topic, this book will appeal to all those interested in securing a future for their children and grandchildren.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that:
- You will NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- You will only make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- You will NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.