Dmitry Orlov's long awaited, The Five Stages of Collapse: Survivors' Toolkit is now off press. Note the position of …
– 240 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 395 Grams
BISAC: GARDENING / Landscape
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2011-02-01
Simple Steps to Earth-Friendly Landscapes
by Laureen Rama
Many urban yards are essentially unproductive patches of grass, requiring constant attention for no return. Through sustainable, organic landscaping, these small or large plots of land can become part of the solution to today's environmental challenges.
Eco-yards supports the vision of a healthy, abundant planet in which beautiful, richly varied urban yards contribute to restoring the natural ecosystem. This inspiring and practical, well-illustrated manual includes clear, easy-to-follow instructions for:
- designing and maintaining an eco-yard
- making your yard water-wise
- understanding basic soil science
- replacing your lawn with tree, shrub and flower beds or hardy, low-maintenance grass
- growing vegetables in the eco-yard
Visionary, hopeful and encouraging, Eco-yards is a must-read for anyone who wants to use environmentally sound practices when they garden, whether in a residential yard or on the balcony of a condo or high-rise apartment. If you're sick of the backyard battle, this book will show you how to work with nature instead of fighting it, using simple steps that apply practically anywhere to turn your yard into an eco-friendly sanctuary.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that:
- You will NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- You will only make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- You will NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.