Dmitry Orlov's long awaited, The Five Stages of Collapse: Survivors' Toolkit is now off press. Note the position of …
– 288 pages
7.25 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 510 Grams
BISAC: POLITICAL SCIENCE / Peace
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2006-05-01
Enough Blood Shed
101 Solutions to Violence, Terror and War
by Mary-Wynne Ashford
with Guy Dauncey
Enough Blood Shed confronts the reality of a world awash in weapons and the belief that war is inevitable, with people powerless to change the system. It provides an alternative perspective based on solutions known to be successful because they have been used already.
The first part of the book describes the culture of violence that has led the world to this precipice of hopelessness, and then points to signs of hope that a different future is possible. It outlines the steps being made to build a culture of peace, including the phenomenal power of civil society: the second superpower - or the conscience of society. Part Two then focuses on the solutions that are possible for all sectors of society:
- For individuals, including women, children and youth
- For schools, educators, activist groups and religious organizations
- For the media, professionals, business and labor
- For cities, nations and the global community
Focusing on the power of ordinary people to make a difference and packed with effective nonviolent success stories - often in a setting of hate and provocation - the book provides guidance, inspiration, hope and empowerment that peace is not only possible, but can be fun along the way.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that:
- You will NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- You will only make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- You will NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.