Eighty-three million dogs and ninety-six million cats call the US home. Pets don’t use toilets. What could possibly …
– 248 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 400 Grams
BISAC: GARDENING / Container
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2010-04-01
From Container to Kitchen
Growing Fruits and Vegetables in Pots
by D.J. Herda
More and more people are recognizing the need for nutritious, local, sustainable food, but organic options can be costly, and the produce sections of most supermarkets are packed with fruits and vegetables that have racked up more frequent flier miles than a rock band on world tour. How can urban dwellers without ready access to fertile land enjoy the benefits of traditional gardening? And for those with a yard, how do you maximize the harvest of fresh, healthy edibles?
In From Container to Kitchen, D.J. Herda shows that there is a way. Written for the novice home gardener as well as the seasoned pro, this fully illustrated, comprehensive guide will show you how to save up to 70% on your produce bill by growing fruits and vegetables in pots. Topics include:
- Selecting the right container size and location
- Optimizing soil composition and nutrients
- Managing light, water and humidity
- Choosing the best fruits and vegetables for container gardening
- Eliminating pests and plant diseases naturally
- Extending the harvest.
Dig in to this bumper crop of container gardening tips and techniques and learn how to create your own moveable feast!
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.