Dmitry Orlov's long awaited, The Five Stages of Collapse: Survivors' Toolkit is now off press. Note the position of …
CDN $26.95CDN $13.45 USD $26.95USD $13.45
Buy Ebook Now
CDN $26.95CDN $17.50 USD $26.95USD $17.50
– 320 pages
7.5 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 570 Grams
BISAC: HEALTH & FITNESS / Healthy Living
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2004-10-01
Homes That Heal (and those that don't)
How Your Home May be Harming Your Family's Health
Media reports focus increasingly on the declining health of children in industrialized countries. Asthma, autism, learning and behavior problems, and cancer are all on the rise. At the same time there is consistent news about poor indoor air quality, mold, and how buildings can make people sick.
Homes that Heal addresses both of these developments, revealing that our own homes can contribute to many of these health problems. A passionate examination of our built environment and the alarming impact today's chemically polluted world is having on the health of present and future generations, Homes that Heal is easy-to-read, solutions-oriented, and humorous, full of stories and advice that empower families to take back their health on a daily basis. Topics covered include:
- a Healthy Home Quiz that enables readers to evaluate the health of their own home and identify many of the common home health hazards
- factors impacting indoor air quality
- a room-by-room examination of typical problems and solutions
- toxic materials used in building a new home, or remodeling
- cleaning products and other consumer hazards found in the home
- an easy-to-understand introduction to the science of Bau-biologie (Building Biology), an internationally recognized approach to healthy construction.
Packed with useful information and resources, Homes That Heal is written to be easily understood by busy mothers and will appeal to anyone interested in the health of their family. Designed for the family coffee table, it is equally suitable for doctor's offices and home improvement stores alike.
Mother Earth News Wiser Living Series
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that:
- You will NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- You will only make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- You will NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.