Enjoying quality time with friends and family over the holidays is the true essence of the season for many of us...but …
– 240 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 399 Grams
BISAC: NATURE / Environmental Conservation & Protection
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2015-11-01
The Heart of Sustainability
Restoring Ecological Balance from the Inside Out
Amidst the doom and gloom that dominates the headlines, a different kind of story about an alternative future is unfolding. The players are activists, visionaries and cultural innovators, the backdrop is the tipping point of our global and environmental challenges, and the narrative is the molding of a new paradigm to shape our collective future.
The Heart of Sustainability delves into the human dimension of this burgeoning international movement to build a better world. Author Andrés Edwards frames the conversation about consciousness and sustainability by:
- Explaining how self-development is a key driver for planetary change
- Describing how the confluence of the consciousness and technological revolutions provide unique opportunities for balance and fulfillment
- Exploring how we can move forward individually and collectively to create a thriving, livable future from the inside out.
This landmark work illustrates the integration of the four Es: ecology, economy, equity, and education — the bedrock of the current sustainability framework — with the four Cs : conscious, creative, compassionate and connected. Focusing on specific examples and concrete initiatives from around the world, it shows us how to reconnect with ourselves, each other and nature in order to tackle the challenges we face as a global community.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.