Dmitry Orlov's long awaited, The Five Stages of Collapse: Survivors' Toolkit is now off press. Note the position of …
– 336 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 540 Grams
BISAC: HOUSE & HOME / Sustainable Living
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2012-06-01
Adapting Our Homes and Our Lives to Settle in Place
by Sharon Astyk
Other books tell us how to live the good life -- but you might have to win the lottery to do it. Making Home is about improving life with the real people around us and the resources we already have. While encouraging us to be more resilient in the face of hard times, author Sharon Astyk also points out the beauty, grace and elegance that result, because getting the most out of everything we use is a way of transforming our lives into something much more fulfilling.
Written from the perspective of a family who has already made this transition, Making Home show readers how to turn the challenge of living with less into settling for more - more happiness, more security and more peace of mind. Learn simple but effective strategies to:
- Save money on everything from heating and cooling to refrigeration, laundry, water, sanitation, cooking and cleaning
- Create a stronger, more resilient family
- Preserve more for future generations.
We must make fundamental changes to our way of life in the face of ongoing economic crisis and energy depletion. Making Home takes the fear out of this prospect, and invites us to embrace a simpler, more abundant reality.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that:
- You will NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- You will only make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- You will NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.