– 192 pages
5.5 Inches × 8.5 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 274 Grams
BISAC: SOCIAL SCIENCE / Future Studies
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2012-05-01
Mobilizing the Green Imagination
An Exuberant Manifesto
Dysfunctional cities, catastrophic climate change, ever-deepening distance from nature - today we see environmental disaster everywhere we look. In Mobilizing the Green Imagination, philosophical provocateur Anthony Weston urges us to move beyond ever more desperate attempts to "green" the status quo, toward entirely different and far more inviting ecological visions:
- Life after transportation - decentralized work, inventive infill and self-sufficient micro-communities to facilitate life in place
- Adaptation with attitude - cities that welcome the rising waters
- A Great Second Chance - moving beyond exploitation of the whole natural world
- A cosmic ecology - why not a green space program?
These postcards from beyond the leading edge of today's green thinking are bold, audacious, extravagantly hopeful and profoundly inspiring - the perfect antidote to the despair brought on by too many "doom and gloom" scenarios. Nothing less than a complete reinvention of contemporary environmentalism, Mobilizing the Green Imagination belongs in the back pocket of anyone who dares to dream of a brighter future and a better world.
You might also enjoy
The Integral Urban House: Self Reliant Living in the City is a comprehensive guide to achieving a completely sustainable urban lifestyle by creating …view title info
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.