Dmitry Orlov's long awaited, The Five Stages of Collapse: Survivors' Toolkit is now off press. Note the position of …
– 288 pages
7.5 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 540 Grams
BISAC: SOCIAL SCIENCE / Sociology / Rural
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2004-05-13
Renewing the Quest for the Good Life
by Lisa Kivirist & John Ivanko
foreword by Bill McKibben
In the '60s it was called the "back to the land" movement, and in Helen and Scott Nearings' day, it was "living the good life." Whatever the term, North Americans have always yearned for a simpler way. But how do you accomplish that today?
Blending inspiration with practical how-to's, Rural Renaissance captures the American dream of country living for contemporary times. Journey with the authors and experience their lessons, laughter and love for the land as they trade the urban concrete maze for a five-acre organic farm and bed and breakfast in southwestern Wisconsin. Rural living today is a lot more than farming. It's about a creative, nature-based and more self-sufficient lifestyle that combines a love of squash, solar energy, skinny dipping and serendipity...
Among the many topics explored in Rural Renaissance include:
- "right livelihood" and the good life
- organic gardening and permaculture
- renewable energy and energy conservation
- wholesome organic food, safe water and a natural home
- simplicity, frugality and freedom
- green design and recycled materials
- community, friends and raising a family
- independence and interdependence
- wildlife conservation and land stewardship.
An authentic tale of a couple whose pioneering spirit and connection to the land reaches out to both the local and global community to make their dream come true, Rural Renaissance will appeal to a wide range of Cultural Creatives, free agents, conservation entrepreneurs and both arm-chair and real-life homesteaders regardless of where they live.
Mother Earth News Wiser Living Series
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that:
- You will NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- You will only make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- You will NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.