– 192 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 346 Grams
BISAC: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Consumer Behavior
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2013-11-01
Sharing is Good
How to Save Money, Time and Resources through Collaborative Consumption
Society is at a crossroads. We can either continue on the path of consumption at any cost, or we can make new choices that will lead to a happier, more rewarding life, while helping to preserve the planet for future generations. Unfortunately, we can't all afford to install solar panels or buy a Prius. Does this mean we are doomed in our quest to live a truly sustainable life?
Not at all. Collaborative consumption is a new way of living, in which access is valued over ownership, experience is valued over material possessions, and "mine" becomes "ours," and everyone's needs are met without waste. Sharing is Good is your roadmap to this emerging economic paradigm. Discover:
- The history and development of collaborative consumption
- The benefits and challenges of a sharing lifestyle
- A wealth of resources from around the world to help make sharing easy and safe.
The beauty of the sharing economy is that it is free, so anyone can participate and make a difference. No one has to sacrifice their individuality or comfort. Best of all, when we're actively engaged in sharing, personal connections are rekindled and we become invested in our communities again.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.