Today's post comes to us from David Bollier, author of Think Like a Commoner: A Short Introduction to the Life of the …
– 256 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 425 Grams
BISAC: HEALTH & FITNESS / Healthy Living
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2006-10-01
Slow is Beautiful
New Visions of Community, Leisure, and Joie de Vivre
We're hammered, we're slammed, we're out of control. Happiness is on the decline in the most affluent country in the world and Americans are troubled by the destructiveness of a lifestyle devoted to money and status. Yet no-one seems to have a clue how to exit from the Fast Lane...
Slow Is Beautiful analyzes the subtle consumer, political and corporate forces stamping the joy from our existence and provides a vision of a more fulfilling life through the rediscovery of caring community, unhurried leisure, and life affirming joie de vivre. The book discusses:
- the frantic time poverty plaguing everyone - a poverty that is being challenged by the growing Slow Life movement whose message is reverberating around the world
- the need to build a culture of connection with both people and the planet by challenging the consumer society and recreating vibrant life in our local communities
- the creation of a different experience of time where we live life in slower, more reflective ways, savoring our lives and recapturing exuberance and laughter.
Offering inspiration and concrete ideas, Slow Is Beautiful will appeal to a broad audience of Baby Boomers nearing retirement, harried professionals with a social conscience, the one-time "middle class," and 20-30-somethings who are now facing the sobering realities of constricted choices.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.