Lyle Estill has been on the vanguard of social change for the past decade, which has placed him at the heart of the sustainability movement. Lyle is a prolific speaker and writer, and the author of Industrial Evolution, Small is Possible, Biodiesel Power and now the editor of Small Stories, Big Changes. Unflinchingly honest and compulsively readable Small Stories, Big Changes provides an intimate look at the personal experience of being a pioneer in the sustainability movement, laying bare the emotional, spiritual and financial impact of a life lived in the service of change. Activist, farmer, publisher, philosopher or entrepreneur; each writer has a unique personal tale to tell.
– 144 pages
7.5 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 340 Grams
BISAC: COOKING / Methods / Canning & Preserving
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2006-01-01
The Solar Food Dryer
How to Make Your Own Low-Cost, High Performance, Sun-Powered Food Dehydrator
by Eben Fodor
The Solar Food Dryer describes how to use solar energy to dry your food instead of costly electricity. With your own solar-powered food dryer, you can quickly and efficiently dry all your extra garden veggies, fruits and herbs to preserve their goodness all year long - with free sunshine! Applicable to a wide geography -- wherever gardens grow -- this well illustrated book includes:
- Complete step-by step plans for building a high-performance, low-cost solar food dryer from readily-available materials
- solar energy design concepts
- food drying tips and recipes
- resources, references, solar charts, and more.
- A Mother Earth News Book for Wiser Living -
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that:
- You will NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- You will only make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- You will NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.