Dmitry Orlov's long awaited, The Five Stages of Collapse: Survivors' Toolkit is now off press. Note the position of …
– 240 pages
5.5 Inches × 8.5 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 295 Grams
BISAC: NATURE / Ecology
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2012-09-01
Earth Skills, Ideas and Inspiration for the Future Primitive
by Miles Olson
Picture a world where humans exist, like all other living things, in balance. Where there is no separation between 'human' and 'wild'. Unlearn, Rewild boldly envisions such a world, probing deeply into the cultural constraints on our ability to lead truly sustainable lives and offering real, tangible tools to move toward another way of living, seeing and thinking.
Part philosophical treatise, part hard-core survival guide, this unique and thoroughly unconventional manual blends philosophy with a detailed introduction to a rich assortment of endangered traditional living skills, including:
- Harvesting and preparing unconventional proteins
- Feral food preservation
- Dealing responsibly with waste
- Natural methods of birth control
- Tanning and processing animal skins.
Lyrical, humorous, surprising, enlightening and thought-provoking by turns, Unlearn, Rewild is essential reading for those who wish to heal themselves and the earth, live gracefully into the future primitive and experience their wildest dreams.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that:
- You will NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- You will only make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- You will NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.