The Prince Rupert Environmental Society along with Saveourskeenasalmon.org have brought together over 100 volunteers to …
– 264 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 316 Grams
BISAC: GARDENING / Urban
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2011-04-01
Ideas and Designs for the New Food Revolution
by David Tracey
You don't have to journey to a rural paradise to find the farm of the future. It's your neighbor's suburban lawn, the roof of your uptown condominium, or the co-op market garden in the vacant lot down the street. Urban Agriculture is a detailed look at how food is taking root in our cities. It offers inspirational advice and working examples to help you dig inand become more self-sufficient with your own food choices.
Taking the local food movement to its next logical step, this fully-illustrated, design-rich guide presents a cornucopia of proven ideas for:
- Windowsill and balcony growing
- Edible landscaping
- Farming the commons
- Community gardening, from allotments to orchards
- Taking urban agriculture to the next level with creative spaces, bigger lots and higher yields.
Urban Agriculture is about shaping a new food system that values people and the planet above profits. First-time farmers and green thumbs alike will be inspired by working examples and expert interviews to get growing.Proving that the city of the future will be green and tasty, this book is packed with edible solutions for anyone keen to join the new foodrevolution.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that:
- You will NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- You will only make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- You will NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.