Today's blog post about Fashion Revolution Day, and the #WhoMadeMyClothes campaign comes to us from Michael Lavergne …
– 208 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 341 Grams
BISAC: GARDENING / Regional / Pacific Northwest
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2012-04-01
Winter Gardening in the Maritime Northwest
Cool-Season Crops for the Year-Round Gardener - Fifth Edition
Many gardeners can supply a significant amount of their own food during the plentiful summer harvest. But the key to substantial savings on your food bill is putting fresh, homegrown produce on your table every month of the year. And in the mild, forgiving climate of the maritime Pacific Northwest, it can be easier than you might think.
In Winter Gardening in the Maritime Northwest, Binda Colebrook provides a complete guide to cool-season crops and how to raise them. Gardeners from Southeastern Alaska to southern Oregon will benefit from her clear, practical advice on:
- Selecting and preparing the ideal winter gardening site
- Maximizing production and minimizing pests with cloches, cold frames, mulches and companion planting
- Choosing the best strains and hardiest varieties for a year-round growing season.
An excellent companion volume to The Winter Harvest Cookbook, this revised and updated edition of the classic text will have you serving up fabulous alternatives to bland, expensive and tasteless imported supermarket vegetables in no time. Whether your favorite meals include hearty roots or succulent greens, Winter Gardening in the Maritime Northwest will help you maximize your food production year-round.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.