Here on the west coast we are aching to dig in and get gardening. Normally at this time of year we are watching our …
for 20% discount
- CDN $39.99
- USD $39.99
– 320 pages
8 Inches × 10 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 789 Grams
BISAC: TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Fisheries & Aquaculture
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2017-09-01
The Aquaponic Farmer
A Complete Guide to Building and Operating a Commercial Aquaponic System
Aquaponic farming — raising fish and vegetables together commercially — is the most promising innovation for a sustainable, profitable, localized food system. Until now, systems have largely focussed on warm-water fish such as tilapia. A lack of reliable information for raising fish and vegetables in the cool climates of North America and Europe has been a major stumbling block.
The Aquaponic Farmer is the game changer.
Built around a proven 120' greenhouse system operable by one person, the book distills vast experience and complete step-by-step guidance for starting and running a cold-water aquaponics business. Coverage includes:
- A primer on cold-water aquaponics
- Pros and cons of different systems
- Complete design and construction of a Deep Water Culture system
- Recommended and optional equipment and tools
- System management, standard operating procedures, and maintenance checklists
- Maximizing fish and veg production
- Strategies for successful sales and marketing of fish and plants
As the only comprehensive commercial cold-water resource, The Aquaponic Farmer is essential for farmers contemplating the aquaponics market, aquaponic gardeners looking to go commercial, and anyone focused on high quality food production.