We are giving away two weekend passes to the Mother Earth News Fair in Asheville, NC, May 6-7th and a book of your …
– 480 pages
8 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 700 Grams
BISAC: HOUSE & HOME / Sustainable Living
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2014-07-01
The Art of Natural Building - Second Edition - Completely Revised, Expanded and Updated
Design, Construction, Resources
edited by Joseph F. Kennedy, Michael G. Smith & Catherine Wanek
The popularity of natural building has grown by leaps and bounds, spurred by a grassroots desire for housing that is healthy, affordable and environmentally responsible. While there are many books available on specific methods such as strawbale construction, cob or timber framing, few other resources introduce the reader to the entire scope of this burgeoning field.
Fully revised and updated, The Art of Natural Building is the complete and user-friendly introduction to natural building for everyone from do-it-yourselfers to architects and designers. This collection of articles from 60 leaders in the field is stunningly illustrated with over 400 photos of natural buildings from around the world. At 465 pages, this massive resource is over 50% longer than the original edition. Out of 64 chapters, 26 are new to this edition, and nearly all the rest have been completely revised to reflect recent developments. Learn about:
- The case for building with natural materials, from the perspectives of sustainability, lifestyle and health
- What you need to know to plan and design your own beautiful and efficient natural home
- Explanations of thirty versatile materials and techniques, each with an up-to-date resource list of where to go for further information and training
- How these techniques are being used to address housing crises around the world, with 12 case studies from China to Argentina.
Clearly written, logically organized and beautifully illustrated The Art of Natural Building is the encyclopedia of natural building.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.