We are giving away two weekend passes to the Mother Earth News Fair in Asheville, NC, May 6-7th and a book of your …
– 128 pages
7.5 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 266 Grams
BISAC: COOKING / Vegetarian & Vegan
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2017-05-01
The Art of Plant-Based Cheesemaking
How to Craft Real, Cultured, Non-Dairy Cheese
by Karen McAthy
As plant-based, dairy-free diets continue to expand in popularity for health and ethical reasons, cheese often becomes the "last hurdle."
Much of what passes for non-diary "cheese" lacks the quality and depth of authentic, cultured cheese. Yet for aspiring DIY plant-based cheesemakers, much of the knowledge of this new craft is scattered in isolated kitchens, and there's no real reliable guidance to what works, what doesn't, and why, when making real, cultured plant-based cheese. This book aims to change all that and bring this new craft into the kitchens of the world.
Written by a pioneering plant-based cheesemaker who draws deep from the well of experience, The Art of Plant-based Cheesemaking is a clear, highly practical guide that extends traditional cheesemaking methods into the realm of plant-based media as a substitute for dairy.
- Understanding culturing and fermentation
- Essential ingredients and equipment for crafting plant-based cheese
- Plant and nut-based media and how to make them
- How to create and train plant-based cultures
- Delicious recipes for quick cheeses
- Advanced recipes for cultured and aged cheeses
- Resources for sourcing equipment and cultures.
Packed with step-by-step recipes, straightforward processes, and encouraging experimentation, this book makes plant-based cheesemaking accessible for beginners and serious foodies alike.
Simply everything you need to make delicious non-dairy cheese right at home.
This book is part of the Urban Homesteader Hacks Series. You can subscribe to the series here to receive sneak peeks, book excerpts and special offers.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.