We are giving away two weekend passes to the Mother Earth News Fair in Asheville, NC, May 6-7th and a book of your …
– 176 pages
5.5 Inches × 8.5 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 322 Grams
BISAC: HOUSE & HOME / Sustainable Living
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2014-01-01
Scraps to Soil in Weeks
by Adam Footer
Bokashi is Japanese for "fermented organic matter." Bokashi composting is a safe, quick, and convenient way to compost in your kitchen, garage, or apartment, using a specific group of microorganisms to anaerobically ferment all food waste (including meat and dairy). Since the process takes place in a closed system, insects and smell are controlled, making it ideal for urban or business settings. The process is very fast, with compost usually ready to be integrated into your soil or garden in around two weeks.
While bokashi has enjoyed great popularity in many parts of the world, it is still relatively unknown in North America. From scraps to soil, Bokashi Composting is the complete, step-by-step, do-it-yourself guide to this amazing process, with comprehensive information covering:
- Background - the history, development and scientific basis of the technique
- Getting started - composting with commercially available products or homemade systems
- Making your own - system plans and bokashi bran recipes using common materials and locally sourced ingredients
- Growing - improving your soil with fermented compost and bokashi juice.
This essential guide is a must-read for gardeners, homeowners, apartment dwellers, traditional composters, and anyone who wants a safe, simple, and convenient way to keep kitchen waste out of the landfill.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.