We are giving away two weekend passes to the Mother Earth News Fair in Asheville, NC, May 6-7th and a book of your …
– 320 pages
7.5 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 566 Grams
BISAC: EDUCATION / Leadership
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2014-01-01
Catch the Fire
An Art-Full Guide to Unleashing the Creative Power of Youth, Adults and Communities
Community, youth, non-profit, education, entrepreneurial, and religious organizations all have exciting ambitions, but they often lack the creative skills to impact people on a deep level. Catch the Fire is a complete guide to using arts and empowerment techniques to bring greater vitality and depth to working with groups of youth or adults. Based on the premise that you don't have to be a professional artist to use the arts in your work, this unique book invites group leaders into the realm of creativity-based facilitation, regardless of previous experience.
Including over 100 stimulating activities incorporating storytelling, theater, writing, visual arts, music, and movement, this detailed guide uses the Creative Community Model to:
- Bridge gaps and unite people across generations and cultures
- Build vibrant, creative learning communities with youth and/or adults
- Fully engage participants and volunteers
- Develop social and emotional intelligence
- Take a deeper, more meaningful approach to learning.
Drawing on nearly two decades of experience providing transformative programs to empower youth and adults across North America and around the world, Catch the Fire is a powerful and valuable resource and a much-needed reminder that art is for everyone!
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.