Here on the west coast we are aching to dig in and get gardening. Normally at this time of year we are watching our …
– 304 pages
7.5 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 600 Grams
BISAC: ARCHITECTURE / Landscape
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2010-04-01
Energy-Wise Landscape Design
A New Approach for your Home and Garden
by Sue Reed
Residential consumption represents nearly one quarter of North America's total energy use, and the average homeowner spends thousands of dollars a year on power bills. To help alleviate this problem, Energy-Wise Landscape Design presents hundreds of practical ways everyone can save money, time and effort while making their landscapes more environmentally healthy, ecologically rich and energy efficient.
Combining general guidelines with tips, techniques and actions, this fully illustrated guide explains the many opportunities our landscapes provide for conserving energy. Readers will learn how to:
- lower a home's heating and cooling costs
- minimize fuel used in landscape construction, maintenance and everyday use
- choose landscape products and materials with lower embedded energy costs
- make a positive difference without a major investment or change in lifestyle.
Intended for homeowners, gardeners, landscape professionals and students, the design ideas in this book will work in every type of setting-large or small, hilly or flat, urban or rural. Written in non-scientific language with clear explanations and an easy conversational style, Energy-Wise Landscape Design is an essential resource for everyone who wants to shrink their energy footprint while enhancing their property and adding value to their home.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.