Here on the west coast we are aching to dig in and get gardening. Normally at this time of year we are watching our …
– 288 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 465 Grams
BISAC: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Environmental Economics
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2007-06-01
The Economics of Happiness
Building Genuine Wealth
We all know that money can't buy you love...or happiness, but we have been living our lives as though the accumulation of wealth is the key to our dreams.
Why, in spite of increasing economic prosperity over the past 50 years, are many conditions of well-being in decline and rates of happiness largely unchanged since the 1950s?
Why do our measures of economic progress not reflect the values that make us happy: supportive relationships, meaningful work, a healthy environment, and our spiritual well-being?
Economist Mark Anielski developed a new and practical economic model called Genuine Wealth, to measure the real determinants of well-being and help redefine progress. The Economics of Happiness shows:
- How economics, capitalism, accounting and banking, which dominate our consciousness, can be reoriented towards the pursuit of genuine happiness.
- How to rediscover the original meaning of the language of economics.
- How to measure the five capitals of Genuine Wealth: human, social, natural, built and financial.
- How nations, governments, communities and businesses are using the Genuine Wealth model to build a new economy of well-being.
- How you and your family can apply the Genuine Wealth model in your lives.
Anielski's road-map towards this vision of flourishing economies of well-being will resonate with individuals, communities and governments interested in issues of sustainability and quality of life.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.