– 288 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 465 Grams
BISAC: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Green Business
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2006-11-01
How to Drink Beer and Save the World
Fermenting Revolution delivers an empowering message about how individuals can change the world through the simple act of having a beer. It is also the first book to view all of the important trends in human history as fundamentally revolving around beer.
Globalization pitches the corporate worldview that is essentially selfish, rewarding the few while demeaning the many and devastating nature, against the sustainability movement that calls for cooperation, the protection and celebration of nature and the nurturing of equitable communities. Beer exemplifies the struggle. This book:
- Traces the path of brewing from a women-led, home-based craft to corporate industry;
- Describes how craft breweries and home-brewing are forging stronger communities;
- Explains how corporate mega-breweries are saving the world by pioneering industrial ecology; and
- Profiles the most inspiring and radical breweries, brewers and beer drinkers that are making the world a better place to live.
The return to beer as a way of life is communal, convivial, democratic, healthful, and natural. The American beer renaissance champions ecologically sustainable production, and is helping to create thriving community places. After reading Fermenting Revolution, mere beer drinkers will become "beer activists," ready to fight corporate-rule by simply meeting their neighbors for a pint at the local brewpub -- saving the world one beer at a time.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.