We are giving away two weekend passes to the Mother Earth News Fair in Asheville, NC, May 6-7th and a book of your …
– 224 pages
7.5 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 466 Grams
BISAC: GARDENING / Vegetables
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2017-03-01
The Food Lover's Garden
Growing, Cooking, and Eating Well
Put off by the origin-unknown, not-so-fresh, pesticide-laden offerings at the grocery store? Hungry for delicious high-quality veg and fragrant herbs, and looking to have some control over where your food comes from but never planted a seed in your life?
Foodie meets gardener in this deliciously accessible, easy-to-use guide to growing, cooking, and preserving twenty-some popular, easy-to-grow vegetables and herbs. Taking the budding gardener from planting, growing and harvesting, to preparation of delicious, nutritious, and affordable meals, this book is a celebration of food in all its stages.
The Food Lover's Garden guides the reader through:
- Getting started with easy step-by-step growing instructions from balcony to backyard
- Simple, tasty recipes incorporating each vegetable and herb
- Meal combinations of two or more of the featured dishes
- Selecting essential kitchen tools and gadgets to maximize the harvest
- Canning and pickling recipes to preserve the rest.
Perfect for the foodie and budding gardener — from the humble potato, to pungent garlic, to the beauty of the beet, classic staples take a delicious turn with novel, innovative recipes. Truly food for all seasons and palates.
Foodies, new gardeners, urban homesteaders, and supporters of sustainable living — take back your right to high-quality food with The Food Lover's Garden.
This book is part of the Urban Homesteader Hacks Series. You can subscribe to the series here to receive sneak peeks, book excerpts and special offers.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.