Today's post is an excerpt from Dmitry Orlov's book, Shrinking the Technosphere: Getting a Grip on the Technologies …
– 368 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 475 Grams
BISAC: BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / General
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2009-04-01
Choosing Work for a Sustainable Future
by Jim Cassio & Alice Rush
People of all ages and backgrounds are seeking work in career fields that will help save the planet, yet many people are unaware of the variety of green careers available. This unique career guidance book, based on labor market research, covers green jobs representing almost every area of career interest.
The authors' extensive experience in career and workforce development will help you explore tomorrow's green career options. Answer such questions as: What green careers are available? What salary can I expect? What education do I need? What is the demand for this type of job? How do I change to a green career?
Green Careers offers clear and concise information about the emerging field of green and environmental jobs. Chapters include:
- Industry-by-industry overview of green jobs
- Profiles of 90 different occupations in 12 different career groups
- Over 65 case studies and interviews of people working in green jobs
- Career planning information and job search resources
This book will appeal to students, career explorers, job seekers, and career and workforce development professionals as an indispensable guide for finding a career to feel passionate about and prospering while doing what you love.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.