– 432 pages
6 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 730 Grams
BISAC: ARCHITECTURE / Sustainability & Green Design
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2014-09-01
Green Home Building
Money-Saving Strategies for an Affordable, Healthy, High-Performance Home
by Miki Cook & Doug Garrett
According to conventional wisdom, building a green home is an expensive endeavor. The standard approach treats green as an add-on, tacking "premium" products, finishes and equipment onto a traditional home design. As a result, many green home projects end up over budget or fail to achieve their environmental and performance goals.
Green Home Building explodes the myth that green homes have to cost more. Using proven methods based on applied building science, the authors show how to:
- Lower base construction costs to provide funding for high performance upgrades
- Achieve a net zero energy home, including "zero-ing" water, waste, carbon and associated costs within fifteen years
- Live affordably into the future, despite anticipated rising costs for fuel, water, materials, taxes and health care.
This comprehensive guide to building green on any budget defines the strategies that maximize the return on green investments. Written for anyone who has ever been swayed by the argument that the price tag limits how green a home can be, Green Home Building is a must-read for builders, contractors, architects, designers and homeowners.
You might also enjoy
Design, Construction, Resources
The popularity of natural building has grown by leaps and bounds, spurred by a grassroots desire for housing that is healthy, affordable and …view title info
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.