Today's post is an excerpt from Dmitry Orlov's book, Shrinking the Technosphere: Getting a Grip on the Technologies …
– 144 pages
5 Inches × 7 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 155 Grams
BISAC: HOUSE & HOME / Sustainable Living
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2015-05-01
The Pet Poo Pocket Guide
How to Safely Compost & Recycle Pet Waste
by Rose Seemann
Eighty-three million dogs and ninety-six million cats call the US home. Dogs alone produce enough waste to fill more than 1,091 football fields 1 foot deep in a single year. Add billions of plastic pick-up bags to the mix, and season well with tons of litter box waste. Scoop a hefty portion into local landfills and seal it tightly to ensure optimal methane production. Clearly, this is a recipe for disaster.
Dog and cat owners who trash their pets' offerings daily are in denial about how much waste is produced and what happens to it. Those who want to make the responsible choice often turn to the internet, only to find misleading, confusing, and contradictory information. The Pet Poo Pocket Guide will help you reduce your pet's environmental paw print with:
- Best practices for cycling pet waste back to nature
- Suggestions on how to tailor your approach based on location, situation, weather, needs or available time
- Instructions for using your composted pet waste safely to enrich your soil and nourish ornamental plants.
With recycling tactics clearly indicated as "easy", "moderate", or "demanding", The Pet Poo Pocket Guide offers something for everyone. This no-nonsense guide is a must-read for any pet owner who is concerned about the environmental impact of their best friend, and is seeking a safe and practical solution.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.