Today's post is an excerpt from Dmitry Orlov's book, Shrinking the Technosphere: Getting a Grip on the Technologies …
– 304 pages
7.25 Inches × 9 Inches (w × h)
Weight: 579 Grams
BISAC: TECHNOLOGY & ENGINEERING / Agriculture / Animal Husbandry
Publisher: New Society Publishers
Pub. Date: 2013-10-01
Raising Goats Naturally
The Complete Guide to Milk, Meat and More
Complete self-sufficiency may seem out of reach, but for more and more of us, increasing our self-reliance as much as possible is the order of the day. Incorporating dairy goats as the centerpiece of a diversified homestead can be the key to achieving this goal, and Raising Goats Naturally will show you how.
By working with nature, you can raise dairy goats and produce your own milk, cheese, meat, fertilizer, leather, fiber, and soap - all without relying on drugs or following the factory farm model. By observing your own animals closely and educating yourself about their specific needs, you can create an individualized plan for keeping them healthy and maximizing their productivity. This unique, fully-illustrated guide will teach you to help your herd thrive with:
- breed-specific descriptions to help you choose the right goats for your goals and lifestyle
- detailed information on housing, fencing, breeding, health, milking, and nutrition
- complete recipes and instructions for making your own cheese, dairy products, and soap, as well as cooking with goat meat.
Packed with personal experiences backed up by expert veterinary advice and scientific studies, Raising Goats Naturally brings together a wealth of practical information on raising goats for the love of it and using their milk and meat to become more self-reliant.
You might also enjoy
New Society Publishers have decided to sell their ebooks without copy protection or DRM (Digital Rights Management) so that customers can enjoy full use of their ebook purchase. In return we expect our customers to respect this decision.
By clicking in the box below, you agree that you will:
- NOT make illegal or unauthorized copies of our ebooks.
- ONLY make copies of our ebooks for backup purposes.
- NOT sell or give copies of our ebooks to family, friends, associates, etc., or upload to any file-sharing sites.
Our ebooks are available in PDF or EPUB format.
Please choose the correct format for your device.